Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Is This Selfish?

The other day, while sitting down trying to feel the Baby move, Mindy asked me what my greatest fear for our daughter was. What a question! When I really sat down to ponder it though, I realized that my worst fear for our daughter was that I would somehow affect her life in a negative way. I am absolutely petrified that some decision or action of mine will cause her irreversible harm or handicap her in some way.

The more I think about parenting the more intimidating of a task it seems to be. Will I have what it takes to live up to my responsibilities both to her and to Mindy? If you have never dwelled on the contents of I Timothy 5:8, then give it a look. Quite a sobering verse of scripture and an explicit charge to a husband/father to provide for his family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home